The Woman's Club of Coconut Grove is a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to enriching the Miami community through:
In 1891, five years before Miami became a city, Flora McFarlane and other pioneer women of Coconut Grove formed the Housekeeper’s Club, now called the Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove. As a woman homesteader and teacher, Flora McFarlane was keenly aware of the isolation and loneliness of the pioneer women. She invited women in the community to take part in weekly gatherings. Her goal was “to bring together the housekeepers of our little settlement by spending two hours a week in companionship and study.” By working together their pioneering spirit built a community. Their motto was “lend a hand.”
Members of the Club have provided service to the community and support for each other. The spirit of the early pioneer women remains today. The Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove is a place where women come together, build relationships, and create community through their civic service activities. We hope you’ll join us in support of the Woman’s Club of Coconut Grove.
To learn more about our History and Community Service, click here.
To learn more about membership, click here.
For a listing of our Board of Directors, click here.